Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 8...96 days to go

Saturday Morgan and I ran 14 miles...my longest run ever! I felt great...tired, of course, but great considering. We braved the rolling hills of Route 36 in Clarion County for 2 hours and 18 minutes. It wasn't too cold during the first half, but on the way back we were running into the wind. We only made it about 3.5 miles before we had to stop and pee in a ditch that was hidden from the road! We sucked on cream savers, drank about every half hour, and stopped to split a granola bar half way. We caught up on each other's lives, played the "what- if" game, and sometimes just ran in silence for a few minutes. This is our friendship...we run together. I am #26 on her speed-dial to represent the 26.2 miles of the marathon. It is an intimacy that I don't really have with anyone else in my life, and one that others don't seem to understand. I cherish it. I look forward to having her by my side on May 3rd.

1 comment:

  1. =] You can do it, Heid! Way back when, I remember running the walk way with the sprinters/vaulters. You made me stay with you in the front, and even when I didn't think I could keep up the pace, you wouldn't let me give up. So, now you don't give up. It'll be completely worth it at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete