Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So, I'm in week six now...and feeling much more confident, clocking a total of 143 miles so far. The idea of running for long periods of time is not such a foreign idea. I have done my second 12 mile run and it felt a whole lot easier than the first. It helped to run with my Ipod, especially because for 10 of those 12 miles I was literally running around a mile-long circle due to the 10 inches of snow we got the day before making it impossible to run on the roads. Praise God for music. I even get to buy some new music with my Itunes gift card (an early birthday gift from Josh).
I have officially registered for the race. I began to panic while reading an article in Runner's World magazine that began by saying something about "that perfect race you have been training for filling up." Luckily, it wasn't full and I got in. I've heard lots of buzz about the Pittsburgh Marathon and know a few people who are running the marathon relay and the half-marathon that same day. It's all very exciting. Check out the website www.pittsburghmarathon.com. Maybe you'll get inspired to run!
38 days of training down...108 more to go. Oh, and only 73 days to go 'til the Cook Forest 1/2 Marathon.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great. When I hear you talk about your knees hurting but you go on and on I'm encouraged to keep trying. I'm glad Josh has been encouraging. I love you.

    ReplyDelete