Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm now into week three of training, and have been refreshed by getting to run with my training partner, Morgan, over the weekend. It is amazing how fast 7 miles can go by when you have someone running alongside you. We both agree we need to make the effort to get together when we can.
Yesterday it was a whopping 12 degrees outside. For about a minute I seriously considered not running. But, I only had 3 miles, so I sucked it up. It wouldn't have been bad if I could've breathed! Afterward, when I took a deep breath I sounded like my dog's squeaky toy. I hold on to moments like those so that when I face challenges in the future I can say to myself, "If I did that, I can do this too."

2 comments:

  1. This is random, and has no research behind it to give it any merit, but I was told that if you are running and it is cold outside you should cover your mouth with something (a scarf I guess) because it is really bad for your throat and lungs to breathe in that cold of air.

    just thought I would pass that along because I remember hearing you make that weezing sounds and I am pretty sure that is not healthy.

    LOVE YOU!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  2. watch out for ice!

    ReplyDelete