Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2 Months To Go!!!

I'm now in week 13. In exactly two months, at this point in the day, I will have completed the marathon. That is crazy!
Last week was a trying a week-I got the flu, and then was unable to run for a couple of days because of pain in my right knee. I recouped from being sick. Instead of running, I went for a bike ride with Josh. It was cold, but sunny and beautiful outside. It was nice to do something other than run. And it was really cool to have Josh a part of my workout. I beat him up the hills, and he'd fly by me on the way down.
The half-marathon is less than a month away. I'm excited to see what that race feels like. I think it will give me some confidence for the full. At this point I have 3 daunting runs left-one 17 mile, and two 20 mile runs. I am planning to get the 17 miler out of the way this Friday. And if I stay on track this week, it will be my highest mileage week with 42.5 miles. We'll see! Pretty soon I'm going to need new shoes. I have over 366 miles on mine now. They say you should replace them every 300-500 miles to reduce your risk of injury. Here is one thing I know, when people pray with me, I feel great out there running. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment